[Ardour-Users] Faderport recognized at startup

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 19 13:50:44 PDT 2016

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:02:35 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> That should not be necessary.

> Ardour knows about my Faderport every time I use it.

Sound good... Forgot to mention this is Mixbus 32C.  So it might be
for an update.  At the moment it has to be told to connect to both
Faderport ports, after a boot up of the computer.  Once told,
terminating and restarting Mixbus will recognize automatically the
Faderport.  The connection done once is persistent to Mixbus running.

Is it possible for a user to easily modify/add to the Faderport
interface.  In other words, is this some kind of a script residing in
Ardour somewhere ?  Or is it coded in C, in the application ?

Thanks.