[Ardour-Users] Wiggling the sidebar: crackling noise

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Thu Sep 15 11:26:23 PDT 2016

It can be everything: RF transmission from the trackball would be a good
guess. Tea warners often regulate the temperature by abrupty turning on
and off the heat, every time generating a tiny <plopp>. In my old
computer it was the CPU, not the graphics card. If you gave it a big
task for a millisecond and then let it wait for another and so on you
would have a beeping noise in the speakers and also in my FM radio
standing 2 meter away from it.
When I still didn't have a flatscreen there was also tempest for eliza
that used my tube monitor as AM+FM transmitter.

Kind regards,

 Gunter.