[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4: How to lock and move ranges?

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Mon Sep 12 04:11:56 PDT 2016

On 12. sep. 2016 11:54, Tim Mayberry wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Alf Haakon Lund <alf at mellomrommet.no>
> wrote:
>
>> I made a loop range and want to move it around to see what it sounds like
>> at different locations.
>>
>> Is this possible? I'd like to lock the range and click and drag to move it
>> around.
>>

> It sounds like the operation "consolidate range" might be appropriate.
>
> Make a range selection on the section of the tracks you want to move and
> then right click on the range to Consolidate it. You may want to duplicate
> the range first and then consolidate it so you can still use the original
> regions, but it depends on what you are doing etc.

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems 'consolidate' basically does the
same as 'bounce', which is not what I'm looking for:

I want to to lock the distance between start and end point in the range,
then click and drag the _range markers_ around.

Like, what does a 3 second loop sound like at 3'55, or 2'15, or
somewhere inbetween, in the recorded sound.

Al F