[Ardour-Users] Bouncing a MIDI region

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Sep 18 08:29:00 PDT 2016

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:27:13 -0400
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> On a MIDI track, right clicking a region and choosing the 'Bounce
> (without processing)' option does seemingly nothing. I would have
> expected to obtain an audio version of the region. Is this correct ?

Thanks to Fred who pointed out that a new region is created in the
Regions list, I now see it. I do not look at that list much.

This new region, the result of 'Bouncing (without processing)' has no
'root' (I do not know the name of these so i call them roots) like all
the others have. All the others have a main entry that expands to actual
regions. When choosing such a region, the corresponding one in the edit
window will be highlighted.  Not so with the newly created bounced
region. How to actually make it appear in a track ?  I have created an
audio track, although dragging it into it will not work.

What is there to do with that new region, which I presume consists of
audio (MIDI bounced to audio) data ?