[Ardour-Users] Problem with the untabbed global-preferences-window

Klaumi Klingsporn klaumikli at gmx.de
Sat Sep 17 13:32:19 PDT 2016

Hi,

I got a problem today with ardour's Global-Preferences-Window, think
it maybe a bug, but I have no luck signing up for an account in
the bug-tracker too, always get an:

"APPLICATION ERROR #1904
Confirmation hash does not match. Please retry."

So here's the report this way, maybe someone in the list can confirm
the odd behaviour I recognized:

When I open Ardours Global-Preferences-Window through the menu, untab
and close it, whenever I open it again, it appears untabbed in a
seperate window (as it should do).

But when I close my Ardour session in this state and reopen it or
open another or even create a new one and call the preferences window
again, it shows up untabbed (as expected), but the right side, where
you make the changes, is totally empty. Only the left side with the
'chapters' is shown and no change of any preference is possible.

This behaviour only changes back, so that the right side is shown
again, after tabbing the window, closing the session and reopen it
(or another).

I think this shouldn't work this way.

System is a Debian testing with Ardour 5.3

Klaumi

Klaumi Klingsporn
mail: klaumikli at gmx.de
web: www.klaumikli.de