[Ardour-Users] Wiggling the sidebar: crackling noise

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:59:39 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:02 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 13:38:20 -0400
> Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
>
> > I just tried this on my system and could not replicate it at all in
> > Mixbus 3.6 with either my Delta 1010 nor my firewire mixer.  I have a
> > separate GPU, which I think is pretty standard these days, especially
> > for multiple monitors.  I can easily see an onboard video chip
> > affecting an onboard audio interface; you didn't mention what you're
> > using for that.
>
> The audio interface is a 1010LT.  The mouse is a wireless Logitech
> trackball (if RF transmissions are part of the problem...).
>
> Might be absurd to mention this, but on top of the tower case rests a
> Japanese tea water warmer that's constantly on.

I get the buzzy sound occasionally when scrolling or moving other GUI
elements, and I have an external soundcard (RME). Doesn't affect the audio
output. Doesn't happen all of the time. Wonder if moving to using a wired
mouse would help.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it