[Ardour-Users] Wiggling the sidebar: crackling noise

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 11:32:10 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 08:22:44PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> If it should cause AF, RF or magnetic whatsoever issues, then not only
> when "wiggling with the mouse the right sidebar".

I get some very low level sounds when moving the mouse or dragging or
resizing windows, but they are too low level to interfere with the
monitoring of normal audio work, and when you export your mix those
sounds won't be in the exported file.

If the noise is louder and only happens when it's playing back, it might
well be xruns caused, as suggested, by a video driver that has poor
realtime performance. Or a non-RT kernel?

Even if it is xruns, if you can live with it, it's not a real problem as
again the exported mix will not be affected.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk