[Ardour-Users] Seemingly random glitches in exported audio

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Oct 13 06:41:29 PDT 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:53:27 -0500
"Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org> wrote:

> What version of jackd are you running?  There was a freewheeling bug
> in some versions of jackd, but I don't remember the details because I
> had never hit the bug.

Version 1.9.9.5 has a bug.  I've hit it countless times when there are
many audio/MIDI tracks.  Although it consists of not being able to
export at all.  I think it was termed the freewheeling bug and it was
about a race condition.  Eg.: 'JACK can deadlock when switching to
freewheeling for no-realtime export'.  Not sure if another of its
manifestation would be glitches.