[Ardour-Users] BSD

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:35:21 PDT 2016

On 11 August 2016 at 19:05, Steve Downes <steve at kingswayelec.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your advice Paul. Having problems with a new music host&
> installing an OS on it. Not quite sure what to do next & clutching at
> straws. Your comments very helpful. Not much point in trying BSD, I'll
> sort something out if it is the last thing I.....
>
> regards,
>
> Steve
>

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:12:15PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> It has been ported to FreeBSD already and patches exist for NetBSD, which
>> will be applied after 5.0 is released.
>>
>> I have no idea why you'd want to run Ardour (or any similar software) on an
>> operating system that lacks much of the basic infrastructure required for
>> realtime audio work.

Sorry, I'm late. Back to 2013 I ported Ardour 3.3 to FreeBSD.
But sadly the ports infrastructure changed a lot and the port has not
been commited that time.
Right now I'm working on those wold ports (ardour and dependencies) to
submit the renew "staged" ports.

https://github.com/marcelbonnet/freebsd-ports/tree/ardour3.3 has these
work in progress.

Robin (x42) helped me that time, some patches I made were upload
upstream too. I hope I can start it again and do something in a
regular basis.

Chears,
--
Marcel Bonnet