[Ardour-Users] lv2 plugin location.

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Mar 10 12:45:12 PST 2016

It doesn't seem to help.

Both are identified by that command but still invisible :(
I'm running a fairly standard debian testing setup here.

I tried running it as a normal user, as root, and to be absolutely sure also
rebooted the computer :(

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:34:07 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Run the command "lv2ls" with that variable set ...
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > As an experiment I tried setting:
> >
> >   export LV2_PATH=/usr/lib64/lv2
> >
> > in my users bash.rc file, then moving a couple of plugins to that location.
> >
> > Ardour (4.4) can't seem to find them.
> > Qtractor does.
> >
> > echo $LV2_PATH
> >
> > returns the expected result.
> > Any idea why the difference?
> >
> > --
> > Will J Godfrey
> > http://www.musically.me.uk
> > Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> > Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.