[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.7 is released

Peter Crighton petecrighton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:16:17 PST 2016

> On 02/19/2016 05:28 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
>
>>>    - Improve import of ProTools 5 sessions
>>>    - Add preliminary support for import of ProTools 10 and 11 sessions
>>
>> This could be huge for interoperability!  I've always used AATranslator, but
>> native handling is fantastic.
>
> It's nowhere near AAtranslator yet. So far it's basically just audio
> region import (no midi, no automation, no effects, no
> markers/ranges,..), but one has to start somewhere.
>
> Kudos to Damien Zammit for getting the ball rolling on this!
>
> Any feedback is highly welcome, also PT sessions that don't import
> correctly and that you can share will be helpful.

Does this mean being able to import PTX files? If so, how do I do
that? I can’t find an option for that.
Audio region import is the only thing I need for a current project, so
even this basic import would be a huge benefit for me.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de