[Ardour-Users] Autosave

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Jun 29 16:19:41 PDT 2016

On 06/30/2016 12:57 AM, Niko Efthymiou wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> after having Ardour 4 crash on me several times after an hour of
> finetuning automations with data loss (no crash recovery dialog on upon
> reopening the session), can someone clarify, when the autosave function
> gets triggert?

By default every 2 minutes, if "Preferences > Misc > Make periodic
backups of the session" is enabled.

Except if global record-enable is engaged:  In that case Ardour does a
.pending save (for "recovery") when engaging record-enable and not
auto-save until record-enable is set to off again.

Really, Ardour should not crash in the first place. What plugins are you
automating?  Is there a recipe to reproduce the crash? or can you
provide a backtrace: http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

ciao,
robin