[Ardour-Users] DSP cpu utilisation

Lukas Pirl ardour at lukas-pirl.de
Tue Jul 12 03:27:16 PDT 2016

Hi Damien,

I'd guess, "all but one" is a reasonable setting. That way, resources
remain for non-DSP processing (operating system load, maybe shared
graphics, daemons running on you system etc.). Maybe there are even
less context switches for the DSP and caches stay hot, if one core is
available for non-DSP load (?).

But I'd would be very happy to learn about details from one of the devs. :)

However, if you do not have any (audio) performance problems: don't
care. If you do: create/load a fairly large session and test the
different settings.

Cheers,

Lukas