[Ardour-Users] Linked ghost reflections of a region

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Jul 31 17:53:38 PDT 2016

Hello,

In the current 18-tracks project there is a track called Shiraki-A1
that has two regions in it.  Later on I created another track called
Shiraki-A1 and it was renamed automatically 'Shiraki-A1 1' to avoid
a same name. I then exited the session.  Later on, after reloading the
session, the two regions in the original track were found duplicated in
this new track. Not just duplicated, but linked.  If I erase one the
other gets erased.  The regions, called 'Shiraki-A1 4' and 'Shiraki-A1
8' are both found in the original and the new track and it seems
impossible to get rid of the duplicate.  Even when the new track is
renamed, the link persists.

How would it be possible to delete the duplicates and thus make the new
track free to record something new while the original regions are not
deleted also ?

Thanks.