[Ardour-Users] Cannot use real-time scheduling on Fedora23

George Vergis g_vergis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 19:02:27 PST 2016

Hi All,
I am not able to run jack in realtime mode with planet CCRMA kernel (4.1.12-300.rt13.1.fc23.ccrma.x86_64+rt). However, I can boot to a standard kernel and run jack with realtime scheduling privileges (Kernel: 4.3.3-303.fc23.x86_64). So I am assuming the permission and limits configuration common to both Kernel is not the issue.

The error I get is...Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/60)(1: Operation not permitted)
AcquireSelfRealTime error
These are steps I have taken so far...and still get the error above.

1) Adding the username to jackuser and audio group
    groups>> wheel audio users jackuser pulse-rt2) Adjusted /etc/security/limits.d/95-jack.conf
    @jackuser - rtprio 95
    @jackuser - memlock 4194304
    @pulse-rt - rtprio 20
    @pulse-rt - nice -203) Rebooted the kernel.

Just curious: is there anyone running the latest fedora, fedora 23, and the kernel-rt for audio production?

Any help is appreciated
ThanksGeorge