[Ardour-Users] Summing up to mono ?

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 17:35:29 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 19:58:37 -0500
> Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The same output signal going to two speakers is still mono, which is
> > what the mono switch does. You can most certainly hear the difference
> > when you hit the mono switch. This is also very helpful in MixBus
> > which has a visual indicator for out of phase stereo signals -- you
> > can see as well as hear problems in the mono mix if the stereo
> > signals have phase problems.
>
> Should this indicator be always roughly in the middle ?

The MixBus stereo phase indicator should be to the right and green if the
phase is good. If it goes to the left and starts turning red, it means
there is an issue with mono comptaibility.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it