[Ardour-Users] tabbed -- was: Re: Harrison plugins and Ardour 4.7

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:31:35 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 20:25:24 -0500
> Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to admit, I like the new tabbed interface quite a bit. I
> > usually put the mixer window on a separate workspace and flip between
> > the workspaces with a key combo (working on a single 22" HD monitor).
> > Having it in the same window works well since I can still flip back
> > and forth like I am used to and I like having the transport available
> > above the mixer. So a total win-win situation!
>
> I'm kind of looking forward to it in a release, as I do not run nightly
> builds, although I fail to see what this tabbed interface would add to
> simply using Alt-M to switch between full screen editor and mixer.

I build from source once or twice a week to try out new features (I
actually use MixBus for production).

What does the tabbed interface give? Like I said above, you have the
transport still available when you switch to the mixer tab. You can always
detach the window to go back to the separate window mode.