[Ardour-Users] Harrison plugins and Ardour 4.7

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Feb 26 07:20:24 PST 2016

On 02/26/2016 03:45 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:39:50 +0100
> Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>
>> On 02/26/2016 03:02 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
>>> It looks like they still trail - Mixbus 3.1 is out and seems based on an
>>> Ardour 3 release.
>>>

>> nope. Mixbus 3.1.0 is based on Ardour 4.6-212-ge6a8131
>>
>> Mixbus merges ardour-git nearly on a daily basis. Although there will be
>> a few weeks hiatus for mixbus-master branch due to "tabbed" now).
>
> That's fantastic news - I haven't used MixBus a lot since I've stayed with
> Ardour for the most part, but if it's only that close behind my reasoning
> is flawed :)

The more they divert, the more maintenance work is needed, so we try to
keep Ardour and Mixbus codebases in roughly in sync.

If you want to be even closer to the edge: On the Mixbus forum [1],
there's a section "Interim Releases" available to Forum Members.

"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the
current state of Mixbus development between official releases.

They're beta-tested nightly builds. Around once every month (there has
not been one since 3.1 yet).

If you want to be on the edge, you can get the Mixbus source from
git.ardour.org compile it (like Ardour) and then copy the channelstrip
plugin binaries; but you're on pretty much your own there.

best,
robin

[1] http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/