[Ardour-Users] Export hangs after script executing

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 24 03:37:23 PST 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:12:16 +0100, JoergSorge wrote:
>Hi m.eik michalke:
>> Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2016, 11:21:12 schrieb JoergSorge:
>>> I'm on ubuntu 14.4. I'm not sure if
>>> --prefix=/usr
>>> is right? How can I find out the path?
>>
>> you could use the packages from KXStudio. as of this morning, jackd2
>> is available in version 1.9.11~20160223-1~trusty1 :: m.
>
>How can I install ONLY the current jack2 package from kxstudio-repos
>without change the desktop and other software?

http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Repositories

After installing and enabling the repository run

$ sudo -i
# apt-get update
# apt-get install jackd jackd2

then disable the kxstudio repositories, or learn how to use pinning,
before you ever run an (dist/smart/)upgrade.

Ubuntu and it's flavours aren't really a user-friendly distro, with all
their broken/failing auto-tools and complicated policies. If you're
using a Linux niche, such as Linux pro-audio, consider to make your
live easier, by a small learning curve and using a distros such as Arch
Linux, Gentoo etc.. A lot of audio users are used to Arch Linux.

http://archaudio.org/

However, stay as far away as possible from Ubuntu flavours and
derivatives. I could provide you tons of links, when I helped Ubuntu
users with issues that are unique for Ubuntu flavours and derivatives
and the Ubuntu guys disliked the only solutions to solve those issues,
since they offended the Ubuntu policy "spy your users and don't allow
choice", such as "force diskless PXE users to install grub", while it's
known to not work for such use cases and while grub is completely
useless, since unneeded in such a case.

Regards,
Ralf