[Ardour-Users] nightly/development builds

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Feb 23 05:29:59 PST 2016

I think you've missed the point. The editor and mixer can be opened in
different top level, independent windows at the same time. This is not SDI.
The work that has been done makes either approach possible, not one or the
other.

Motivations:

     provide a friendlier experience for people working on laptops who
either (a) are used to using other single-window DAWs (like Ableton Live)
or (b) are not familiar/comfortable with workspaces or both.
     make it possible to view the mixer window with the transport controls
     retain multiple window/monitor ease of use