[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.7 is released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Feb 19 14:22:51 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 4:51 PM, muzzol <muzzol at gmail.com> wrote:

>> X-Touch
>

> hi,
>
> is mackie the only supported remote controls?
>

> I would like to buy one of the low tier remote daw controllers you can
> find on thomann:
>

> http://www.thomann.de/gb/korg_nanokontrol_2_black.htm
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_x_touch_mini.htm
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_midimix.htm
>

> some say "Mackie compatible" on their specs but I'm not sure if they are
> supported. any hints?

Many different devices can use Mackie Control Protocol. Probably at least a
dozen, maybe close to twice that.

If they say "Mackie compatible" then they almost certainly work. However,
some manufacturers choose to implement "Mackie Support" in odd ways, so the
functionality you want may require a bit of work to get to.

We also support any device that can send generic MIDI messages (CC, note
on, note off, pitchbend), both via MIDI learn mode and predefined MIDI
binding maps.