[Ardour-Users] Export hangs after script executing

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 24 03:46:16 PST 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:38:29 +0100, Klaumi Klingsporn wrote:
>Am / On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:12:16 +0100
>schrieb / wrote JoergSorge <technik at srb.fm>:
>
>> > you could use the packages from KXStudio. as of this morning,
>> > jackd2 is available in version 1.9.11~20160223-1~trusty1 :: m.
>>
>> How can I install ONLY the current jack2 package from kxstudio-repos
>> without change the desktop and other software?
>
>If there were no special dependencies of the KXStudio-package, that
>differ from the ones of your old ubuntu package you can download the
>package deb-file of your architecture from KXStudio and install ist
>manually:
>
>dpkg -i jackd2_1.9.11~20160223-1~trusty1.<amd64|i386>.deb

I doubt this.

Debian/Ubuntu usually split software from upstream in several packages,
so it most likely requires to also download and install
libjack-jackd2-0 and whatsoever. It's wiser to temporarily enable the
kxstudio repository and to hope it doesn't break the official
Ubuntu/Ubuntu flavour install by just installing the jackd meta
package + jackd2 package (and automatically the hard dependencies +
recommended dependencies).