[Ardour-Users] Export hangs after script executing

JoergSorge technik at srb.fm
Tue Feb 23 06:05:53 PST 2016

Hi Paul,
> Please try using the ALSA backend and see if that works better.

I've try it with ALSA, and can export multiple parts.
But I've found the following issue:

My project has a length off 115 minutes.
I'v set a few markers for two ranges (55(60 m).

Via export dialogue I export the two time-spans "Marker1-range" and
"Marker2-range".

By exporting range 1, the Zenity-Progressbar is showing:
Export Marker1-range, Timespan 1 of 2

After finish export range 1, it's showing:
Running Post Export Script for Marker1-range

But, then it goes to export range 2 and shows only:
Running Post Export Script for Marker2-range
(By exporting AND by exec the script for range 2)

After that (export/ run script range 1 and export/ run script range 2),
the Analyse-Form comes up, but only for range 1!

Maybe, there could be an error in the loop for exporting multiple
time-spans, that's leading to freewheeling issues with jack?

Switching to ALSA can only be a temp work around ...

Thanks for investigate this,
Jörg