[Ardour-Users] New analysis window when doing an export

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 22 04:52:56 PST 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:10:29 +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>to argue against understanding what loudness normalisation is

I didn't argue against it, I only mentioned that the measure of all
things is what the audience target group, musician, engineer likes.

Important is what we hear, measurements we see are overrated. This
visualisation is a disease, not only regarding loudness. Nowadays even
graphs of EQ settings (I'm not talking about the audio signal) seems to
be important information for many "engineers". Real "understanding" has
less to do with numbers and graphs, to understand audio the hearing
must be trained, there must be an understanding of at least how the
most important tools work, without caring about "standards". If we like
and/or need to, we can care about standards, but they have less to do
with how to mix per se.

Your critic against what happens to mixing in the last years is exactly
caused by this numbers and graphs insanity.

Regards,
Ralf