[Ardour-Users] New analysis window when doing an export

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Feb 21 16:16:35 PST 2016

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:23:32 +0100
Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> As for LUFS, LU, don't forget to follow the link from the forum
> thread: http://www.tcelectronic.com/loudness/loudness-explained/  In
> short it's average loudness and dynamic range.

I see.  I have tried another export, reducing the master volume by
-5.7dB and the resulting LUFS was -18.5 (original was -17.2).  If the
'broadcast standard' to be targeted is -23 or -24, then there's
something totally wrong with this mix since the master bus volume will
have to be so small.  So while I see the theory, it"s a totally
different matter in practice.

Is this -23, -24 LUFS a sensible target to aim for ?

Thanks !