[Ardour-Users] Cannot use real-time scheduling on Fedora23

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Mon Feb 8 04:36:25 PST 2016

Yes, I'm doing a documentation to install a Fedora Audio Production machine, but I'm not finished in writing all down.

Do you run realTimeConfigQuickScan? It's  interesting that the ccrma kernel is not recognized as a realtime kernel by this script. But this kernels config parameters seem to be fine.

Some more questions:
1. Did you write a udev rule for rtc0 and hpet?
2. Have you tried commenting out the lines for pulse-rt and setting memory limit to unlimited?
3. What about max_user_watches and swappiness in your /etc/sysctl.conf?
4. Did you use the server image for installation? When using the server iso you can switch to a mirror near you as installation source and you will a lot of installation options, i.e. another desktop environment.

Regards
Tim