[Ardour-Users] No sound

Thomas Laursen thomasti at live.dk
Tue Feb 2 18:50:06 PST 2016

Hello all,

Ardour is new to me. To start with I could import a
wav file to a track and play it alright, but not record anything (a
region was created in the track but it had no waves). Then after trying
different changes in the Mixer > Edit > "Inputs" and "Available
connections", all sound is now gone, also from other players, like VLC.
The "System" option in "Available connections" is also gone, and when I open Ardour now, this message comes up:

Ardour - Log
[WARNING]: no outputs available for auditioner - manual connection required
[INFO]: Loading session /home/tl/jhjgkh using snapshot jhjgkh (2)

I'm totally lost, can anyone help?

I'm using Linux Mint, with KX Studio.

Cheers
Thomas