[Ardour-Users] One piano roll to edit them all

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:28:51 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Tobiasz Karoń <unfa00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any DAW I have worked in: Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Reaper, LMMS - has one
> main piano roll for editing all MIDI data in the project. I have sequenced
> and published several hours music in LMMS over the last few years, but I am
> pulling my hair put trying to finish one single  track in Ardour - just
> doing the same thing I've been doing for years. Suddenly it feels like I'm
> moving backwards.

Have you seen Pro Tools recently? It uses the same model, editing MIDI
right in the track, and you can move back and forth between "clips" mode
and "notes" mode (which corresponds to 'grab' mode and 'internal edit' mode
in Ardour). Was Pro Tools always like this or did it adopt this after
Ardour did? Pro Tools doesn't even let you scroll the left-side piano like
Ardour does.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it