[Ardour-Users] Ardour 5 Lua

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Aug 15 03:28:18 PDT 2016

On 08/15/2016 11:55 AM, JoergSorge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use Lua to make the mixerstrip visible on startup
> after creating a new project from a template?
>
> So I can use such a script to perform this action while on this issue
> can not work?

[..]
> http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=5924

Probably not yet. While there is a "session-loaded" hook to call Lua
scripts it's a chicken/egg in this case. Scripts are not part of
session-templates either.

UI integration is still incomplete. So far Lua can use the same methods
as the UI, but controlling the UI itself is currently limited to calling
existing bindings.

Launch `Ardour5 -b` to list available GUI bindings. A Lua example is

   Editor:access_action ("Transport", "ToggleRoll")

http://manual.ardour.org/lua-scripting/class_reference/#ArdourUI:Editor

Cheers!
robin