[Ardour-Users] Ardour 5 trim mod with mouse nearly unuseable

JoergSorge technik at srb.fm
Fri Aug 12 05:45:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

thanx fro the great work on Ardour!!!!

But in the first test, it's  nearly unpossible to trim a region on the
beginning or end with the mouse. The space for changing the mouse-hand
into trim mode is tooo short!

Some times, when I split a region, trimming is only on the end OR the
beginning of the recently splitted regions available (because of to
short space for changing the mod).

In prior versions of Ardour, it was possible to trim the begin of a
region simply by click in the left half of a region, and the end when
clicking in the right half. It was a very good feature in compete to
other DAWs. I may be happy, when this behaviour will be restoring in the
next bugfix.

Best regards and many thanks,
Jörg