[Ardour-Users] resampling clicks

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Sun Apr 24 09:53:18 PDT 2016

On 2016.04.24 18:49 , Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Well, it's a spurious sample in an otherwise quiet section, each time
> the same value, not a discontinuity because of a buffer under- or
> overrun. Yeah, looks very much like a clocking issue. But the OP says it
> appears during import with resampling.

it doesn't always come in quiet sections. that was just a coincidence
with the sound file i used for the example. and yes, it's happening when
i import 48kHz soundfiles into a 44.1kHz project.

> FWIW, Patrick, it does show up in the waveform very clearly here.

right, it will show up in the exported file if i export the project
(like i had to do to send you an audio sample). but it doesn't show up
in the waveform in the project itself, although it is audible and
consistently placed.

> I haven't seen this on Linux, ever, and I routinely upsample snippets
> taken from CD to 48k because that is my studio clock standard.
> Looks like it's a bug. I don't see how any user error, not even a clock
> misconfiguration, could explain this behaviour during import.

i've never seen it before either, on linux or mac, and this task is
something i regularly perform with ardour and have done so for years. so
it must only be since my most recent version upgrade (4.7.13). i can't
think of anything else that might have changed in my workflow.

best,
patrick

--

|||  http://www.murmerings.com |||