[Ardour-Users] Plugins for mastering: suggestions ?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Sep 8 07:09:28 PDT 2015

On 09/08/2015 04:03 PM, mn0 wrote:
> Agreed, but that's for pros, maybe?

Fair enough :)

I should mention an interesting approach used by a colleague of mine: he
always uses a multiband compression tool with his favourite setup in the
master bus (something like the Waves L3), and mixes "into" that. This
could be a handy approach for quick results. You have the fatness of a
multiband compressed sound, and you have immediate control over what
each of your mixing decisions does in the sum compressor.

Not the approach I personally favour, but less of a lottery game than
mixing without and then cranking the multiband afterwards.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net