[Ardour-Users] Ardour plugin automation in Regular (non-Master) tracks and buses

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Sep 8 03:16:28 PDT 2015

On 09/05/2015 12:18 AM, Gehmans Utility Barns wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>                  More specifically, on all buses other than the master
> bus, the “Effects Processor Automation” menu item in the track context
> menu is disabled. If I choose “Show all” then I can edit the automation
> data, but my changes are not saved when I exit the session, and the
> automation tracks are hidden again the next time I reload the session.
> Any tips on what I’m doing wrong?

That sounds like a bug. What processors do you have in those busses? Can
you create a minimal test session from scratch that shows this misbehaviour?

Did you delete plugins before this problem popped up? Maybe there is a
subtle bug somewhere that leave zombies automation around after a plugin
got deleted? I've never seen that, though...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net