[Ardour-Users] Using jamin

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Sep 7 00:06:42 PDT 2015

On Mon, September 7, 2015 11:34 am, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a 'better way' to use jamin for the bus master than to have
> Ardour's stereo output routed through jamin, then jamin stereo output
> connected to a new track for recording ?  This is how I used it so far,
> in the few times I did.  The jamin controller plugin does not seem to
> do much.  Would it be possible to have a bus master track send to
> jamin, then get the jamin output back right after the send by means of
> an insertion ?  Would this assure that all the master bus signal goes
> trough jamin then back to the master bus fader ?  Any suggestion
> welcomed !

I usually end up with separate busses/tracks pre master bus.

So I have a master bus and a couple of other busses/tracks which route to
the master. Everything else routes to the sub busses/tracks.

Occasionally I will add in some post master busses/tracks.

ex.

track 1 -> pre master -> master -> post master

IIUC, using a send/insert in the way you propose will duplicate the signal
to the master bus with the added bonus of some delay based on the jack
buffer size. It could be an interesting way to create a "tape echo"
effect.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd