[Ardour-Users] plan to update FLOSS tutorial to version 4

Carlos sanchiavedraZ csanchezgs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 03:27:57 PDT 2015

Hi Bruno,

> Hi all,
>
> Before Summer disappears, I am right now working on updating the FLOSS
> tutorial to Ardour version 4. The work in progress is here:
>
> http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour4-tutorial/tags/
>
> Mostly updating screenshots and modifying the text as necessary. If anyone
> wants to help out, let me know. It would be nice to have extra sets of eyes
> to catch typos, suggest any text improvements, etc. Even nicer if someone
> wants to take a stab at writing a MIDI chapter! (currently there is none)
>
> Bruno

If I had some time to contribute in a not so distant future, I'd try to add
some content but also will like to make translations. I see there's content
on how to contribute.

I can't remember if you mentioned at LAC2015 how to include translations
(or how easily it is) with that ecosystem (github+jekyll) you were starting
to use or improving. I guess you could follow same instructions but you'll
end up with a mixed index and menu items; or you could fork it but it
should be accessible from this tutorial, maybe in a chapter for
translations to make room for other languages as well.

Is there any procedure/first steps on adding translations?

C. sanchiavedraZ:
* NEW / NUEVO:     www.sanchiavedraZ.com
* Musix GNU+Linux: www.musix.es