[Ardour-Users] Harrisson mixbus plug-ins and Ardour 4.4 ?

Edward Diehl diehl at umich.edu
Fri Oct 30 14:35:06 PDT 2015

I thought I'd investigate this.   On my system the Mixbus plugins are in
/opt/Mixbus-3.0.2257/lib/LV2 so I copied them to /usr/lib/lv2 so Ardour
would detect them.   Actually, I had had some earlier versions of the
Mixbus plugins in /usr/lib/lv2 so I deleted them.   Somehow in all of this
I did something horribly wrong to the lv2 directory so that now every
program which scans /usr/lib/lv2 crashes.  This includes ardour, mixbus,
carla, and qtractor.    The message ardour gives is:

canning folders for bundled LV2s: /opt/ardour4/lib/LV2
Set cursor set to default
BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
Segmentation fault

carla gives a similar message:
BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
cannot open DB environment: BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
Segmentation fault

​I have not clue what I did or how to recover from this problem.  I moved
the original /usr/lib/lv2 directory and made an empty one, but I still get
this error.   Any ideas how to fix this error?

thanks, Edward Diehl