[Ardour-Users] help a noob - line in recording

JoergSorge technik at srb.fm
Thu Oct 22 02:17:08 PDT 2015

Hi Matt,
> When I right-click and add a mono track everything *looks* okay, but I
> don't get any input from the soundboard. It doesn't look like anything
> is muted in ardour. Things are definitely not muted in the aux-send
> from the board.

Have you checked if this track input is connected with the hardware input?
By starting ardour, it could be, that track-inputs automatically are
connected with hardware inputs. I prefer to do not automatically connect
the tracks to prevent loops.

You can check this with a little helper program called patchage, or in
ardour by the track settings.

Regards,
Jörg