[Ardour-Users] Latency warning at installation

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Oct 17 19:48:29 PDT 2015

Hello,

I've seen this before and I think I even asked about it a long time
ago.  I am not using headphones to record acoustic instruments because
I noticed a slight delay between the instrument itself, a guitar, and
the played note in the headphones.  There is a warning at installation
time:

"System failed the quick sanity check... Looking for the cause

!!! WARNING !!! - Your system seems to use frequency scaling.
This can have a serious impact on audio latency.
For best results turn it off, e.g. by chosing the 'performance'
governor.:

This might have to do with the delay that I noticed.  How to fix
this ?  And once fixed, is there a stand-alone utility that can do the
same test as per the installation ?

Thanks.