[Ardour-Users] Erasing empty bars

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:20:30 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 7:06 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

>  The project I'm working on now starts 9 bars later.  The beginning was
> discarded by splitting the tracks and deleting the 9-bar portions. All
> that's left are empty bars.  I selected this space and tried to delete
> it to no avail.  Is the only way to now start the piece at the new
> beginning done by moving forward the begin marker/flag ?

Select the track and under the Track menu, select remove time and then
enter time length you need to remove (in minutes/seconds/frames), realtive
to the playhead, I think. I recommend taking a snapshot before doing this
in case you really eff things up. I'm not speaking from experience, of
course :-P

Alternatively, select *everything*, all regions in all tracks and manually
move them as a group to where you want it all to start. As long as
everything is selected, they will all move relative to each other.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it