[Ardour-Users] Using a 'clean' bus to compare

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Nov 14 07:49:44 PST 2015

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:20:01 -0500
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> In this setup, only the 3rd tracks would have a send
> whose volume is actually controlled by the main track fader, would
> it ?  I will try it right now...

The above is wrong.  From the screen shot, only tracks 1 and 2 (both
Shiraki guitar tracks) are controlled by their respective main
faders. It is incredible how the terminology is putting me off, but it
is simple in the end.

> All sends would not be affected by the tracks EQ I believe.

No.  The EQs are after the sends, which is what is wanted.  To be able
to mute/unmute either the master bus or the CleanBus to compare the
influence of any plugins to the original sound.

All this pre-mixing101 must be either terribly funny or sad for some :)

Cheers.