[Ardour-Users] Using a 'clean' bus to compare

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Nov 13 15:57:29 PST 2015

Hi,

As I start to get much interested in mixing, I would like to quickly be
able to compare tracks using processing to the same tracks without
any.  There's so much creativity that can be applied there.  I
wonder why I did without before. What I'm trying to do here surely have
a technical name in mixing/recording terms.

So this session is a simple one to experiment with, 3 tracks, all
acoustic guitars. To be able to compare I created another bus and I have
added sends to each track and moved them before any effect processing.
The sends are going to this bus I call 'clean'.

Those sends have little horizontal volume faders associated to them.
Right there, the volume mix will not be the same as the main faders for
each track.  Is it possible to sync the send volume for each track to
the main fader for that same track ?  There is also a send right/click
menu option called 'A/B plugins' ... would this be useful in this case ?

Cheers.