[Ardour-Users] How to connect a MIDI keyboard to a synth plugin ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 2 14:52:30 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:31:50 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> http://manual.ardour.org/working-with-tracks/track-types/
>
> "If you add an instrument plugin, the MIDI track outputs audio instead
> of MIDI data."

That would explain the Hive sound coming out, somehow  Other plugin
synths, as mentioned, do not, though.  For example, the attached screen
shot using the Reasonable synth.  The outputs of that track has only
MIDI outs at the top, that can be assigned.  nevertheless I assigned
one to a playback output of the 1010LT, as I so often do since many
years.  as input was the ProKeys 88.  Heck, here's another screen shot
showing it.  What Ardour means by MIDI source is actually audio ?  Not
to be confused with the MIDI+Audio type of tracks ?