[Ardour-Users] How to connect a MIDI keyboard to a synth plugin ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 2 12:47:00 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying the Hive VST plugin.  I created a MIDI track and added Hive
at the time of creation a sit was in the drop down list of
instruments.  The on-screen Hive keyboard works and produces sounds.
OTOH, the external MIDI keyboard cannot connect to the VST synth.  In
'tracks and busses' the MIDI track shows the external keyboard, the USB
ProKeys 88 as input, so I selected it.  Ardour's MIDI activity window
will show the key strikes from the keyboard all right.  But nothing
gets to the plugin.  Is there something missing ?

Thanks.