[Ardour-Users] Mackie Control and ardour

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Sun Nov 1 10:40:25 PST 2015

Hi List,

 1. How do I make newly created tracks in ardour controllable by the
    Mackie MCU? the Mackie is hooked up properly and everything works.
    Creating new tracks sometimes automatically made them
    controllable, sometimes it didn't work and I couldn't find a
    pattern why it worked sometimes and didn't work in other
    situations. Tracks which are controllable stay controllable after
    closing and reopening the session.

 2. On my laptop's ardour (4.2.58) there are more device types under
    "Edit->Preferences->Control Surfaces" than on the PC (ardour
    4.2). I'm missing "Mackie Control with One Extender" and "One
    Extender with Mackie Control". Do I have to upgrade ardour or is
    there a way to add more device types to ardour 4.2?

 3. When choosing "One Extender with Mackie Control" on the PC, ardour
    immediately crashes when moving the Master Fader (and only the
    Master Fader; all other controls, buttons etc. work fine). I filed
    a bug report on Mantis but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

--
Orm