[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Jun 23 15:21:57 PDT 2015

On Tue, June 23, 2015 4:56 pm, Cameron Metcalf wrote:
> So I'm stuck with the same problem, I know if I were to re-install Ubuntu
> Studio, the microphone would work that very first time (even with the
> internal soundcard enabled), but it would not find  or allow it to record
> on subsequent sessions.

You aren't by chance dual booting your machine into Windows at some point
are you?
The PreSonus web page for that interface [AudioBox 22VSL] has this note:
VSL enables you to easily manage the processing and mixing from your Mac®
or Windows® PC
And the features page lists these:
Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal
processing from your laptop or other computer
Virtual StudioLive™ (VSL) ultra-low-latency control and effects software
for Mac® and Windows®; manages:
    Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
    4x2 DSP mixer
    StudioLive™16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass
filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input, and analog
output and its DAW return

Is there any chance that the mic preamps require the use of the VSL
software to configure and enable them, and that the Windows driver stores
the last used setting for you, so if you reboot after using Windows the
settings are kept, but when you power down the settings are lost?

Kind of a long shot, but given that the behavior changes between when you
first install and subsequent times you power up your computer it's worth
asking.

--
Chris Caudle