[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sun Jun 14 20:48:17 PDT 2015

On Sun, June 14, 2015 9:08 pm, Cameron Metcalf wrote:
> I reboot and open Jack (start it) then open Ardour but it will NOT
> acknowledge the microphone and I cannot resume working on the file.

What parameters are given to jack to connect to the audio hardware?  If
you are using a number (e.g. hw:0 )then checkt the documentation for how
to refer to an audio interface by name instead of by number.  The number
assigned to the interface can change between reboots, but if you only have
one of each type the name should stay the same.
You should be able to find the name with the aplay -l  command.  For
example, my M-Audio card has the name M2496:

$ aplay -l
card 0: M2496 [M Audio Audiophile 24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712
multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

--
Chris Caudle