[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 24 12:26:40 PDT 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:14:49 -0700, Bruno Ruviaro wrote:
>Probably not too helpful, but in any case I can report I have
>experienced a similar "mysterious" problem with a PreSonus VSL 1818 in
>Ubuntu.

For the OP it worked one time. It can't fit exactly to Chris' guess [1],
but I anyway would install a Windows for testing purpose, run Windows
and reboot to Linux. You perhaps should test different kernels. Did you
install any upgrades? Take a look at the history, perhaps there is
something audio related, resp. a kernel upgarde and you maybe could
downgrade from the package cache or maybe another kernel still is
in /boot. I've got bad luck with one audio card, all channels show up
as jackd ports, but not all provide an audio signal. However, those
channels never worked on Linux, while they work on FreeBSD and Win XP.
Since the OP's card worked one time, there might be a way to get it
working again. Some times we miss the forest for the trees. I'm a Linux
user and installed FreeBSD and Win XP for testing purpose. It doesn't
harm and those installs could be removed after testing. It still could
be a handling error. It's strange that it worked one time.

[1]
Begin forwarded message: