[Ardour-Users] Autoscroll speed/zooming bug
orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Sun Jul 26 05:43:54 PDT 2015
when editing (dragging/trimming,...) items with a destination left or
right of the current edit window, the automatic scrolling invoked by
moving the mouse off the edit pane has lightning speed on my machine:
It is more or less impossible to sensitively move a region to less
than 10 screenfulls right or left. Is there a way to reduce the
There are some workarounds, one of them seems to expose a subtle bug
(I tried to register with mantis to report, but got a timeout from the
1. Zooming until the destination point for the operation is visible.
That doesn't help in unfortunate length/(destination - origin)
ratios as the region cannot be grabbed.
2. First grabbing the region, then, while holding the left mouse
button, use the scroll wheel with optional modifier keys for
shifting or zooming, which involves some sort of unusual finger
I guess this hasn't been tried very much and there seems to be a
bug in the code. Try this to verify:
- clicking on a region and zooming with the wheel while keeping the
mouse button pressed will displace the cursor from the region (my
zoom is cursor-centered).
- moving the mouse will keep the offset between cursor and region.
- if the region gets placed outside the edit window as a result of
zooming, the size of the region isn't updated by zooming, so
zooming until the region gets visible again results a wrong width
of the region in relation to the zoom factor.
- after releasing the mouse, the region snaps to the position of
the cursor and gets redrawn in the correct size.
This is on Ardour 4.1.22 (named after a nice Brian Eno song/record)
More information about the Ardour-Users