[Ardour-Users] No export

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Sun Dec 20 11:04:16 PST 2015

Am Samstag, 19. Dezember 2015, 14:22:46 schrieb jonetsu at teksavvy.com:
> Using dpkg to purge will not work as it will want to remove other
> things and I certainly want to avoid the Debian Dedalus.
>
> Would it be valid to take the output of dpkg -L jackd2 and manually
> remove all those files ?

this sounds like a bad idea to me for many reasons. to do this cleanly, you
could compile your own deb package and replace the distro package. for debian,
something along these lines should work:

 # make some dir to build in, e.g.
 mkdir -p $HOME/build/jackd2
 cd $HOME/build/jackd2

 # go to https://packages.debian.org/sid/jackd2 and download (right column):
 #   - jackd2_1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg.orig.tar.gz
 #   - jackd2_1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg-1.debian.tar.xz

 # unpack the downloaded files, first the actual sources:
 tar xzvf jackd2_1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg.orig.tar.gz
 # after that, extract the "debian" directory in the sources root directory
 cd jackd2_1.9.10
 tar xJvf ../jackd2_1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg-1.debian.tar.xz

 # install build dependencies:
 sudo apt-get build-dep jackd2

 # build the package -- this *might* fail if there are newer build
 # dependecies; if this is the case and the needed packages are not available
 # for your distro, then it might be better to try something else :-/
 dpkg-buildpackage -b

if everything works, you'll have some new *.dpk file(s) in the parent
directory which you can install. if you want this really fancy, you could use
reprepro to setup a local package repository and provide the built packages on
all of your machines. reverting back to the distro packages ist rather easy.

on the other hand, if you run into errors, they are likely for a reason.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
http://OpenMusicContest.org  ::  https://C3S.cc  ::  http://reaktanz.de