[Ardour-Users] No export

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Dec 19 11:22:46 PST 2015

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:59:45 +0100
Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> On 12/18/2015 01:44 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 02:15:13 +0100
> > Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it OK with version 1.9.10 (although you mentioned 1.9.11, is
> > 1.9.10 from the website OK) with the following configuration:
> >
> > JACK 1.9.10 svn revision will checked and eventually updated during
> > build
> >
> >   Build with a maximum of 64 JACK clients
> >   Build with a maximum of 768 ports per application
> >   Install prefix                           :  /usr/local
> >   Library directory                        :  /usr/local/lib
> >   Drivers directory                        :  /usr/local/lib/jack
>
> Be careful to remove the distro version in /usr/lib - if any.

Using dpkg to purge will not work as it will want to remove other
things and I certainly want to avoid the Debian Dedalus.

Would it be valid to take the output of dpkg -L jackd2 and manually
remove all those files ?

The compiled one will install in /usr/local/  (not yet install).

> If you have two installations of jack - things will easily go haywire.

> (alternatively use the same configuration options as the distro
> provided jack and overwrite/replace it with your custom version)

The Linux Mint one is installed basically in:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

and

/usr/bin/

(not mentioning man pages and docs)

I do not know waf at all - there's even no Makefile. Is it possible to
specify more than one path for the install ?

Thanks.